Entrepreneur – Developer – Computer scientist
I’m an entrepreneur, a developer and a computer scientist at heart. As a serial entrepreneur, I’m focussing on technical excellence founded on my Computer Science major from University of Technology in Graz, Austria. My diploma thesis is titled Balancing Humanoid Robot Gait Using Programmable Pattern Generators and can be downloaded here. This thesis was written at the Institute for Theoretical Computer Science under supervision from Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Maass.
If you are interested in my curriculum vitae just click on the appropriate link on the right. It’s a little dated though, so maybe rather get in touch with me directly 😉 Moreover you can find some travelling blogs (in German) and several Howtos for Linux and Windows operating systems on this page.
Feel free to browse around!
You can reach me at florian AT hackenberger DOT at
Recent blog posts
- How-to: PostgreSQL upgrades on large DBsTL;DR; Use pglogical to upgrade between major versions of PostgreSQL with minimal downtime when running very large DB installations. For databases beyond a couple of GB in size, an upgrade between major versions of PostgreSQL would need to use pg_basebackup and pg_upgrade, but at a size of around 1TB, even this means too long of … Continue reading How-to: PostgreSQL upgrades on large DBs
- Firefox 3.0 SSL encryption error pageJust so others can find this trick more easily: In order to make accepting self signed certificates a little easier in Firefox 3.0, visit the page about:config and set the following values: browser.xul.error_pages.expert_bad_cert true browser.ssl_override_behavior 2 Here are the relevant links to the mozilla knowledge base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.ssl_override_behavior http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.xul.error_pages.expert_bad_cert As soon as these values are set, … Continue reading Firefox 3.0 SSL encryption error page
- Recovering from missing (or wrong) LVM2 (EVMS) metadataI just want to document one possible procedure, as it may prove helpful to others. The setup of the system was as follows: Three disks in a RAID5 array, LVM2 with evms metadata on top and a single ext3 filesystem within an LVM2 logical volume spanning the whole RAID array. Two disks of the array … Continue reading Recovering from missing (or wrong) LVM2 (EVMS) metadata
- Does IBM know logic?Today IBM advised me to sign up with their website in order to read a post on their developer network  (IBM: I know harvesting customer preferences is important, but just publishing it would me so much nicer). During the sign up process they asked a privacy related multiple choice question. I settled on the … Continue reading Does IBM know logic?
- Tarifa 10.5.2007 – 31.5.2007Also hier ein mal ein paar News aus Spanien. Die Anreise war ein wenig anstrengend. Die netten Leute von der ÖBB haben mir in Graz die Auskunft erteilt ich müsse vom Südbahnhof einen Bus zum Flughafen nehmen. “Immer den Schildern folgen” meinten sie. Das habe ich dann auch gemacht. Der Bus kam und wollte 6€ … Continue reading Tarifa 10.5.2007 – 31.5.2007